Having whinged at length in previous blogs about there being so much that appeared to be just out of digital reach, I will now gladly eat huge helpings of humble pie and scoff my face off with such delights from GROI as the images of register entries for Irish Births, Marriages and Deaths. These have now been attached to the free index entries on the Irish Genealogy website - search the records via the Civil Records tab. These are subject to the same closure rules as GRONI and whilst the birth register images are all supposed to be there from 1864 to 1915, those for marriages (1882 to 1940) and deaths (1891 to 1965) are currently incomplete but are being worked on to get the earlier images attached.
The National Archives of Ireland have also brought a huge pile of goodies along to the picnic in the form of 6 collections of records complete with images, namely;
- Crew and Shipping Records (1860-1921)
- Catholic Qualification and Convert Rolls (1700-1845)
- Diocesan and Prerogative Wills (1595-1858)
- Valuation Office Books (1824-1856)
- Diocesan and Prerogative Marriage Licence Bonds Indexes (1623-1866)
- Will Registers (1858-1900)
Do check out Claire's and John's posts to learn more about these fabulous records and I will be sure to make sure links to all of them find their right place in the Irish Geneaographical "kitchen"!